Tuesdays are Zoom days and during February and March these 5 workshops invite you to take your watercolour sketching skills to another level!
These online sessions are for a small group only and take place via Zoom where you can participate in ‘real time’, ask questions and get feedback. Even if you are unable to join the Zoom the video from the workshop is recorded and will be available after the event to anyone pre-registered in advance.
Each Zoom workshop lasts approximately 90 minutes-2 hours
- Tues 7 February – “Urban Effects” – simplify a complex urban scene with watercolour, line and gouache to add focus and a touch of drama!
- Tues 21 February – “Animal Instincts” – use colour values, watercolour and ink to sketch an expressive animal portrait
- Tues 7 March – “Nostalgia” – mix negative painting techniques and a limited palette to capture the essence of days gone by
- Tues 21 March – “Shadow Play” – sketch people in motion by combining perspective, brushwork and people drawing skills
- Tues 4 April – “Bluebell Wood” – reserve whites and lights to paint a luminous springtime scene in watercolour
Basic materials suggested:
- Paper suitable for watercolour (300gsm or higher)
- Watercolour pencils
- Waterproof ink pens/fineliners
- White gouache
- Masking fluid
- Hairdryer (recommended)
- Jar of water, tissue/paper towel, scrap paper, small water spray
Additional items suggested
- Fountain or Dip Ink pen with sepia ink, Large flat wide (hake) brush (Urban Effects)
- Quin Gold, metallic gold, black & grey watercolour paints (Nostalgia)
- Masking tape/fluid (Bluebell Wood)
- Limit of 10 participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Recording available to watch on replay
- Appearing on camera or voice is not necessary
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing a Zoom workshop, you agree that other viewers may hear your voice in the recording.