Tuesdays are Zoom days and in these 5 workshops we’ll use different techniques with inks, pencils and watercolour to sketch some iconic images from life in France.
These online sessions are for a small group only and take place via Zoom where you can participate in ‘real time’, ask questions and get feedback. Even if you are unable to join the Zoom the video from the workshop is recorded and will be available after the event to anyone pre-registered in advance.
Each Zoom workshop starts at 2pm Paris time & approximately 90 minutes-2 hours
- Tues 2 May – “La Boulangerie” – an essential part of life in France! Simplify a composition and see how varying your ink lines can create a striking sketch
- Tues 13 June – “Tour de France” – how to capture all the energy, speed and vibrant flashes of colour with watercolour pencils and ink
- Tues 4 July – “Fête Nationale” – fun creating fireworks with masking fluid and bold washes of watercolour using different types of brush techniques
- Tues 1 August – “Mediterranean Harbour” – use layers of watercolour and gouache to create a sparkling harbour view
- Tues 5 September – “Grapevines” – combine different watercolour techniques to capture autumn colours that glow
Basic materials suggested:
- Paper suitable for watercolour (300gsm or higher)
- Watercolour pencils
- Waterproof ink pens/fineliners
- White gouache
- Masking fluid
- Hairdryer (recommended)
- Jar of water, tissue/paper towel, scrap paper, small water spray
- Limited participants for a small group setting
- Direct, live interaction with the artist
- Step by Step instruction
- Time to complete each step in real-time
- Recording available to watch on replay
- Appearing on camera or voice is not necessary
3-5 days after the live session, you will get a link to the recording. By purchasing a Zoom workshop, you agree that other viewers may hear your voice in the recording.