French market sketch workshop – Saint-Chinian
Who doesn’t enjoy browsing a French market?! There’s so much atmosphere – all the sights and sounds and energy of people busy buying and selling gorgeous local produce – the smells, shapes, flavours and colours are an absolute treat for the senses!
Sketching a market is great fun too, but it may seem a bit daunting at first… Fear not, in this workshop we will see how to simplify the drawing to capture the essence of the day, and then use washes of bright watercolour to enhance our final sketch.
The workshop is designed for anyone interested in getting started with travel and urban sketching, or someone who may not feel confident with watercolour and would like to work in a brighter, looser style!
You will not need many materials, recommended items include a sketchbook, pencil, basic set of watercolours and a few ink pens with waterproof ink. If you do not have your own sketch kit then one can be provided on loan, by prior arrangement.
There are 8 different markets in the series, so you can choose a date and location to suit you. No previous art experience is necessary, all you’ll need is a basic sketch kit, an open-mind and a love of traditional French markets!
- Tuesday 11 April – Olonzac
- Wednesday 10 May – Gruissan
- Friday 23 June – Béziers
- Sunday 9 July – Saint Chinian
- Sunday 20 August – Capestang
- Thursday 31 August – Carcassonne
- Thursday 14 September – Narbonne
- Saturday 14 October – Pézenas
- 9 July
- French market sketch workshop
- Event Categories:
- Du Canal du Midi au St Chinian, Sketch Languedoc!, Soldes Hiver, Workshops
- Event Tags:
- Saint-Chinian, Soldes Hiver
- Annette Morris
- +33 7 86 14 16 39
- Saint Chinian
- Saint Chinian, 34360 + Google Map
La Vie en Rose, Assignan1 June @ 10:00:13:00
South of France Travel Sketching Tour3 June @ 18:00:12 June @ 20:00
USk Languedoc-Roussillon – Conilhac-Corbières7 June @ 10:00:13:00